Stuff I saw, felt like sharing:
- Kevin Carson takes the “Green Revolution” in agriculture & drops something brown on it.
- Shorter Radley Balko, on the weaponry of the Mexican drug cartels: “With us gringos buying the corrupt Mexican government & their defecting soldiers whatever they want, they don’t need no steenking straw purchases!”
- Stark contrasts: A unanimous Iowa state Supreme Court strikes down arbitrary ban of legal marriage for gays. Meanwhile, in Iraq gay sex can get you locked up — if the thugs without badges don’t kill you first.
- Glenn Greenwald points out rampant regulatory capture we can believe in.
- And coming full circle, back to agriculture: South Korea is recalling our nuts. Thanks, corporate farming!